Friday, July 20, 2007

Week 4, Thing 9

I have known about Merlin for a good while. I was added to their system, I get email about once a week or so. I don't know if it was from the BTC or AUN. I have seen it grow from a small site to a good size one. RSS feed wasn't a problem.

I can see Feedster and Techorati beeing helpfull for finding specialized feeds. Syndic8 would be useful because its human based, so its sorted though a little more and you can get more info about the feed. Topix would be useful for news stories form various sources.

Another way to get news feeds like "My Yahoo" is iGoogle. I use it as my main page because you can set it up anyway you want. You can add as much feeds you want in an organized format, and it being added to all of the time. It covers a wide range of subjects. iGoogle lets people format their RSS feeds into an easy format that you add at a click of a button to the page without an external reader. If you don't see what you what you can still add an outside RSS to Google Reader which is an app you can add to iGoogle. You can even add canned apps to the page to do almost anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home